Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Volunteering

Hey party people! Guess what! I´m writing this blog from the comfort of my very own home! We got internet in the house yesterday, isn´t that great! Let me tell ya, I´m pretty darn excited about it. I’m trying to download skype onto it as I type this. I feel so blessed to have internet available to me. Lets see, what can I say about my life right now.

Well this weekend was a total blast. Had the sleepover, watched lots of movies and ate lots of pizza! It was really nice out so I was able to spend time in the park this weekend which is always nice. I also went ice skating with my friends, pretty random right! Who woulda thought there was ice skating in EcuadorJ It was a blast, I didn’t even fall once which has to be some sort of record for me. I also saw a movie this weekend called ´Que Tan Lejos. Of the parts that I understood I thought it was pretty darn good. I must admit there were times where the whole audience would erupt in laughter and my friends and I would just look at each other really confused because we didn’t know what was just said, but it was still a lot of fun. ´

Monday was a normal day at school nothing to exciting to report, but today was a little different. At my 8:30 class we started planning for our mountain climb this weekend, I believe the mountain is called Atacaso. I heard it is one of the easier ones so this should be a good learning experience. Good news, no ropes or helmets required for this one, so it should be nice and easy. I´ll tell you all about it. However I do have to rent a tent and buy a sleeping bag for this trip. I am determined to get back on Sunday for the SUPERBOWL!!! I really hope we get back in time, we are supposed to get back at 3pm so that gives us more than enough time to get to a TV. After my mountaineering class I went to volunteer for the first time at a local school by the University. It was a blast, seriously! I had so much fun, the kids are great. I basically helped the teacher teach English to the kids. He made me read everything aloud since I am a native speaker and it is good for the kids to be exposed to that. I think I´m going to do that Tuesdays for sure, maybe Thursdays. Tomorrow at 8am I am meeting up our director to look at another volunteering opportunity so we´ll see how that goes.

Tomorrow I have a presentation in one of my Spanish classes but it should be pretty fun. There is a lot of participation from the class so that always makes presenting easier. I think that is all for now but I miss you and can´t wait to hear from you!!

4 comments:

Goldfish said...

Alright!! An update!!! That is SOOo exciting about getting internet your home! (Updates even more often, then, right? :) That volunteering sounds like fun -- so does that mountain climbing (keep me informed)!!

To the CP extreme!

Anonymous said...

Hey Hey Hey,
So I was thinking about it later on and I was like she hasn't been gone for 50 days! I'm freaking crazy! I'm sooo happy for you now that you have internet in your house! WOOT WOOT! Dan's birthday was a big success! I love you and I must hago mi tarea para mi clase de espanol manana. Es comico por que mi clase de ingles y espanol son simulares! Mi amigo nuevo y yo pracitamos espanol juntos, pero soy muy mal. Pero, trato (that doesn't make sense!).
I'm going home this weekend, I want to see Len drive! I love you and hopefully can catch you on skype soon! I'm going to call you tommorrow because it is the last day with cheap cell minutes, I think who knows! Love you to the max!
K

Anonymous said...

Your updates make me happy!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are really having a great time with all of your new experiences. I have been showing people at work your pictures and they are very impressed with the menu choices you have tried!! Keep the pictures coming, it helps to see your life. I have your picture with the kids on the mountain as my screen saver and I get lots of comments. Love you. Mom