Sunday, January 7, 2007

Still goin´strong!

Hey guys!! Thank you so much for your posts, I always look forward to reading them! I read them all and love knowing what is going on in your busy lives. I´m going to make it my mission for the next few days to get my pictures up and skype working, sorry it´s taking so long! I´m going to internet cafe´s to use the internet right now, but I start school on Wednesday so then I can use my laptop!! Today is another beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky! Yesterday I went on a tour of Quito Antiguo, the older part of Quito. Jose was our tour guide, he is a professor at the university. We saw cathedrals and museums, I had a really good time although at the end I was pretty tired and ready to chow down! We went to a place called the Basilica, it is a beautiful church with 4 towers. We climbed up them yesterday afternoon, that was quite the experience! The stairs to get up are steep and outside! I tried not to look down:) I´m glad I did it though because the view was well worth the climb. After the tours were over we took the bus back and I did a little exploring. I managed to get to the supermarket and back by myself, I was excited! I had to get some lotion for my sunburn, it´s not to bad, I´m ready for the sun now, it just caught my off guard the first day! I forget how much closer to the sun Quito is. Last night I met up with some of my friends from U of I and we ate mcdonalds(comfort food:) Then we saw a movie, noche en el museo(night at the museum) I thought it was really cute! It was actually in English with Spanish subtitles, I was glad for that, it´s much easier to understand the jokes! Today my host sister comes back from Spain, I can´t wait to meet her, here name is Diana. I went to church this morning, didn´t understand half of what was said but I was just glad to be there. Everyone was so nice to me, I had to introduce myself to the congregation, I was pretty nervous! Today at 3 I am going to take the telegrafico up the mountain to see the view of the city. It´s pretty much like a ski lift so that should be fun!! Well I have to go meet up with my family, but I miss you all and am so glad to hear from you!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you!
I miss you!
Wow, you are having a great time and doing such fun things! I'm soo glad! I'm happy that you are still going strong! Are you tan yet? Haha! I'm sure of it! I love to read what you are up to, and I really enjoy reading everything that you are up to! I got back from Rhode Island today, where my Aunt lives and I got to see my baby cousin (11 months old today!)he is sooo cute, but such a flirt! haha. I'm having a great time and I think about you often! I love you and miss you, I'm going to write you an email, be on the look out for it!

Goldfish said...

Hey CP!

Thanks for the update, but you better follow through on your promise for pictures! :) That church sounded really neat -- I want to see it!

Megan

Goldfish said...

Hey CP!! (once again)

Mom and I got 18 pages done in the scrap book! You will have to come and see it this summer!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

hey sis-

glad to hear all is going well, and that there are plenty of american fast food joints around. i was really worried for you. after much debate, i have decided to allow you to teach one person in ecuador the "shake." it will be nice to know our legacy will spread to other countries. i have a plan with how to contact each other on skype, i'll e-mail you the details. anyway, glad you're having fun and hope to hear from you soon.

love from the big IL,

brian

LPH said...

Dear Jessica,
It is great to be online again so I can check your blog. I am glad to hear everything is going so well. We are in port at
Grand Turk today and the weather is beautiful. It is nice to know we have been sailing closer to you everyday. I am glad to hear everything is going so well and people are so nice to you. Enjoy your days and know we are thinking of you and praying for you everyday. I love you and I will be checking this and my Judson account for word from you. Love you. Mom