Thursday, January 11, 2007

Hey Party People!!

I'm sitting here in the University waiting for my next class and I thought I'd write a little note:) Before I forget, Katie figured out how to call my cell phone for those who ever need to get ahold of me or want to talk:) Calling from a phone in the US, the number is 01159384781026. But aside from that today is my second day of school and a great day at that. My classes yesterday were a little intense but I'm sure they will turn out alright! Lets see, my temas class sounds like it will be very interesting, a lot of history and politics. Not always easy but really good to know especially when living in that country!! My second class is called El Boom, it sounds like it is going to be a lot of reading but interesting. Our first novel is called cien anos de soledad, a bunch of you have probably read this on in English already, one hundred years of solitude. My last class is art history, the teacher seems really nice but she talks a mile a minute. And since my Spanish isn't quite where I would like it I can tell I am going to have to concentrate really hard for that one:) Today I started classes with Andinismo, it sounds like so much fun! Next week we are supposed to bring rope, I'm guessing to learn how to use it when mountaineering. We go on four excursions throughout the semester that are pretty easy, and then a couple that are a bit more difficult! I can't wait to explore the country more and see the beautiful scenery! I will definitely keep you posted on that class! I also have grammar and modern dance class today, I'm looking forward to dance although I have no idea what to expect!! I have pretty much mastered the bus system to get to school which is exciting! I also tried this apple cake yesterday which was really good! So many new things to try, I'm trying to try them all!! Talk to you soon! Take care!!!

8 comments:

Goldfish said...

Alright!! An update!!! So glad to hear that you are doing so well! You better keep us updated on that mountain-climbing class, or else..., or else, I'll come to Quito and beat you up! (Hey, that is a good excuse to come, not that I could beat you up :) Talk to you later.

To the CP extreme!

Goldfish said...

Love the new pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jes
Grace really wanted to see you today so it has been great to see the new pictures! Can't believe you went up those stairs. Tried to call and it didn't work yet. I'll keep at it. Grace says "Iwant more pictures" and she can't wait to catch you on skype.
jdkfgghjklasdfgghjkjkl1234567890wqertyuiopzxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Grace say:I love you when you are here and in Ecquador and i will see you very soon and I love you, gfdegggggggggggggggggggggggggyuiopl
I love you when you are sleeping and you are so nice. Night Night

Anonymous said...

YO!
I'm famous! You mentioned me in your blog again! Wowza! I haven't checked out the new pics yet but I will. I love reading your blog I check it everyday! It was really good to talk to you the other night. It's amazing how much better I feel after I talk to you! I want you to know that I believe in you and I'm behind you 100%! You are my bestfriend and I wish you were here with me! I'm going to try and call you tonight cause I miss you, I go back to school on Sunday, we are supposed to be getting a snow storm on Sunday! Miss you!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

My favorite pic maybe at the Basilica! It is soo pretty, the stained glass is beautiful! You look great, my hott mama best friend! I wish I was there with you!

Anonymous said...

My phone died!

Anonymous said...

It is now in two pieces....

Anonymous said...

Now, I have a new phone, it's pink! Get excited!
UPDATE YOUR PAGE!
It gives me something to look foward to, K?
Hahaha!
I love you!