Thursday, January 25, 2007

Hey everybody. Well it’s been a long couple of days for me unfortunately. I got sick for the first time on Tuesday night :( I think that I lasted pretty long without feeling bad actually! With all the new food and weather, etc. its pretty much bound to happen sooner or later. I feel like I’ve past some sort of test everyone goes through when traveling to a new place. The good news is that I am feeling much better now! My family has taken great care of me these past couple of days. I’m sticking to toast and water for awhile, just to be safe. I missed a day of school which is always a bummer but my teachers are very understanding so that is great! Today I tried to go get my Ecuadorian Identification card but I forgot one of the papers I needed so I must go back tomorrow. It is quite the process!! It seems like there are a lot of hoops to jump through in order to live and go to school here, but definitely worth it in the end! I’ve written my first couple of assignments for my classes which makes me feel better. One of my teachers said the exchange students can write their assignments in English because it is easier for him to read their English than trying to understand their SpanishJ I thought that was kind of funny. I tried to write mine in Spanish so we will see if he was able to understand! I think I’m going to lay low this weekend just to make sure I’m feeling 100% better. One of my friend’s mom has to leave this weekend so I think all us girls are going to have a sleepover. That should be really fun, haven’t had one of those for to long! Hope all is well and everyone is excited about the bears!!! I can’t believe I’m missing all the excitement! We’re trying to find a good place to watch it down here though so no worriesJ I’ll be cheering from here!

Lots of love
Jess

4 comments:

Goldfish said...

So sorry that you got sick, but it sounds like you are doing better. It's really nice that the teachers are so understanding -- that is so funny that you can write in English instead of Spanish, so they can understand it!! I'm also happy that your team is winning! I don't know anything about them, but come to think about it, I don't know anything about football (that is the sport they play, right? :). I'll be prayin' that you get 100% healthy so you can be climbing those mountains and whatever else you do!

To the CP extreme!

Anonymous said...

Hey you,
I just called you and than I read your letter, what happened to laying low? I want you to feel better! I'm glad that you have some assignments done and that school is going well. I love skyping you! It is such a comfort to go to a class and come back and have you there! Well, lets see, this week I made a new friend. I have been trying to be good about working out, I'm still waiting for my English book (ughhhhh over 2 weeks, I need it, it says it has been shipped). Other than that that is all that's going on now. I must go and study for my spanish quiz. Ohh, I taught spanish today at a elementary school, like last semester. I have 21 kindergartners. I have my hands full. Love you lots call me when you aren't too busy.
K

Anonymous said...

Well hott mama!
I love you!
I miss you muchisimo!
It was sooooo good to talk to you on Sat. It made me feel like you are just at school, and that we are only 45 minutes away. I'm having a hard time with you being gone, I miss you soo much! Dan and Noel are talking about making a trip to U of I and I don't want to go, because I have no one to visit! Soo sad... But on a happier note, my book that I wrote you about earier finnally came in! I was going crazy! I'm going home this weekend because Len is driving now! She has her permit, omg! I know, kinda crazy! Dan's real bday is tommorrow, he has had 8 celebrations! So tommorrow is the day. I made him a beautiful sign that I will hang and I think he will like it! I love you and miss you, time to do some hw! OHHH, I got a new camera, so I'll send you pics!
Love you girlie!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mamacita!
Can we have a skype date soon? Cause I miss you! I realized today that you have been gone for a month and 20 days! Hard to believe! That's 50 days! Wowza!
I miss you muchisimo!
Remember Jesse and the Ripers and that song "Forever"? I am listening to it, I'm just that awesome. PLEASE be careful while you are in Ecuador!
Love you!