Thursday, January 4, 2007

I made it!!

Hey Everyone!

I´m sitting in an internet cafe right now in the middle of the city with Pablo! Pablo is the son of Cecilia, my host mother, and is showing me the city today! The weather is amazing, no rain and very hot! I wasn´t quite expecting this but I´ll certainly take it! The flight went smoothly, unfortunately my luggage was lost, we are going to the airport today to see if it has made it here or not. I´m sure it´ll work out soon! My family is so nice and their apartment is beautiful with amazing views of the city. I´ll post pictures as soon as I can. I have to go for now, but I miss you all and can´t wait to hear from you!! I am also including my mailing address in case you are interested!

Talk to you soon!
Jess

Telegrafo 354 y Alcantara
Quito, Ecuador

7 comments:

Goldfish said...

Hey CP!

Glad you got there safely -- too bad they lost your luggage! I can hardly wait for the pictures! Today, I am try to get organized for scapbooking our trip to Hawaii. Hope you are having fun (it sounds like you are). Bye.

Kevin R said...

so, hows life so far in 100% spanish? I hope you havent been cheating by finding people that speak english. when do classes start for you? I'm looking forward to the pictures of the city.

oh, and i've set up a blog kinda thing, you should check it out.

www.kevinsjukebox.com (my shameless plug)

LPH said...

Dear Jessica,
It was nice to hear your voice yesterday and know you made it safely. Don't worry about your luggage (this comes from first hand experience as you know) it will show up. In the mean time borrow what you need and buy what you can't do without. Glad to hear your family is so nice and the apartment is lovely. We have the Skype set up so let us know the best way to connect. Love you. Mom

Unknown said...

You made it! I'm glad you have a good host brother to show you the ropes. I am eagerly awaiting further details.

Love,

Heather

Katie said...

Yeah you made it!
It sounds like you are having a blast! I wish I was there with you bestfriend! Sorry to hear you lost your luggage, but I'm sure you handled it in stride! I'm glad your family is soo nice! I have been praying for you, you are alwaiys on my mind! Keep me posted, know that I am missing you in Maine! It is sooo pretty here! So many trees! I was amazed when I flew in! Enough about me, I miss you and love you! Thanks for calling me, it made my week!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica,
I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying everything so far. I would kill for some nice weather like that right now! I am looking forward to seeing some pictures.
Teagan is still hi-fiving all the time!

Unknown said...

ughhhhhhhh how the heck do I call you girl?!