Friday, January 5, 2007

Universidad San Francisco!

Hey everybody!! I hope you are all doing well! Great news, I got my luggage back yesterday afternoon!! So no worries there. Let me tell you I was so happy when I saw it! It's amazing how much having all your stuff with you makes you feel more at ease. Things are still going great! I'm at the University today for orientation, it is absolutely gorgeous! I can't believe I am going to be able to study here for the next couple of months, once again I'll post pictures as soon as I can! Today we walked around the city of Cumbaya, so nice, a few more hills than I'm used to but good exercise I'm told:) Cumbaya is where the University is located, I live in Quito which is about a 30 minute bus ride to the University. Not bad at all! I take two buses to get here, it'll take some getting used but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. I'm very excited because many of the students who also came here from Illinois live pretty close to me! We are going to go and explore the city later and hopefully get cell phones also. The mall is also very close to my house, always a plus:) There is a beautiful park close to us called Parque de Carolina that I can't wait to explore! This trip to the University has pushed many of my worries aside, each day I learn more and more and feel more comfortable in my surroundings! I must say I have taken advantage of the fact that my family speaks English, but I'm letting myself off the hook for these first few days, then strictly Spanish! We talk mostly in Spanish but sometimes when I need clarification, which is actually a lot of the time:), we switch to English then. My family continues to be so gracious and loving, I am very fortunate. So far I've seen two KFC's and one burger king, it's so crazy how many american fast food resteraunts they have here! I've heard there is a taco bell also, I'm certainly going to find out where that is!! The food has been amazing and the views breathtaking, so far my stay has been most enjoyable! I am liking the fact that school hasn't started yet, it starts on Wednesday I believe, that will be a whole new adventure! Sorry this is so long! I'm so excited and always have much to say! Thanks for your comments, write me all the time I love to hear from you! Take care!

3 comments:

Goldfish said...

CP,

Thanks for the update and NEVER apologize for writing a long post! I'm glad you got your luggage back and that your family speaks english. But, I NEED some pictures! Mom and I started working on the Hawaii scrapbook and got about four pages done. Adios!

Anonymous said...

Hey there girlie!
It sounds like you are having a great time! From the pics I saw of the university it seems beautiful! I'm glad that you wrote soo much it makes me feel like I'm really there with you! So keep it up! I'm glad you are feeling at ease there! That makes me happy! Do you read all the posts people read? I'm just curious! Maine is going really good, and I have wireless in the house! AWESOME!!!! I can't wait to talk to you on skype! I looove you and miss you! I'm going out to dinner with my grandparents!
Lots of love!

Kevin R said...

cheater! no english. I'm gonna write the study abroad people to tell them you're cheating. maybe, not really.

so this duplicate blog posting is for friends, then, not immediate family? seems like your fam was posting on the other. whats the third duplicate post for? :-p