Tuesday, January 9, 2007

First Day of School Tomorrow!

Hey all,
Sunday night I went on the telegrafo to look at the city from on top of a mountain, it was everything everyone said it would be!! The ride going up was a little scary but I´m so glad I did it! On monday I went to school, took 2 buses which took my about 35 minutes total, not too bad. The day was beautiful, it was nice because we got a tour of some of the university. The day was also filled with speakers. The founder of the university talked which was nice, he is a really funny guy. We also heard about safety and and such. Basically never walk alone and watch out for the food from street vendors!! This is hard since it always smells soooo good!! I got to meet a lot of people today which was one of the best parts of the day! I even made some Ecuadorian friends! Always a plus! I also got a small salsa lesson, I can´t wait to learn more!! There are about 250 exchange students at the university this year so it was fun to see us all together. For lunch we ate on campus at this really good Italian resteraunt! I can´t wait to go back throughout the year. After that I had to rush to take a Spanish placement exam, it wasn´t too bad. Yesterday was a little harder than the others in that I was a little homesick, I suppose that will happen from time to time, but thankfully I got to talk to Heather that night and felt much better:) Today was a busy one! I registered for classes and got a more thourough tour of the campus which was really nice. The campus is a little complicated but I´m sure I´ll get the hang of it:) So far for classes I am taking: (translated roughly into English) themes of latin america, The boom, Modern art of latin america, Intermediate Grammer, Modern Dance, and Andinismo(a mountain climbing class). I am really excited!! My classes sound really good, I also might take an international relations class, I´m still working out the kinks in my schedule. The modern dance class sounded so fun, I will probably make a fool out of myself but hey it´ll still be fun!! Tomorrow is my first day of classes, I´ll let you know how it goes:) After school we got helado(ice cream) I think I´m addicted to ice cream, it´s literally on every street corner!! In a few minutes I am going to go bowling! And Katie just got back from Maine! I just talked to her and she said she had a great time! I´m so glad she got back safe! Hope all is well and I´ll talk to you soon!!!

3 comments:

Goldfish said...

CP,

Paul was right (I mean, naturally)--never walk alone at night! I'm SOo jealous--that Italian restaurant sounds so good. Glad you made some friends (I knew you would). How big is the campus? I'll be praying for you tomorrow. That mountain climbing class sounds like a blast!!! Keep take pictures and thanks for always posting new stuff. :)

(By the way, I'm sorry that I haven't written yet :-( I don't even have an excuse!)

Anonymous said...

Hey you!
You mentioned me in your blog! I'm famous! I FIGURED OUT HOW YOUR CELL PHONE WORKS! That was the highlight of my day! I left 2 messages and I think the second time around it was for you forsure! Hahaha, still learning! But it was crazy to hear EVERYTHING the operator said in spanish! I understood her for the most part! I miss you girlie, and I'm sorry I wasn't able to talk today when you called, I had seriously just hugged my mom and got my bags! But I really wanted to talk to you! I can't believe that tommorrow is your first day of school! You are going to meet soo many new people! Your classes sound like they are going to be a lot of fun, and different from ones that are offered here! You sound really good on the phone and that makes me feel good! Sorry you were homesick, but you doing soo well and I'm soo proud of you! I'm here whenever you need me, and now that I know how your phone works I will be calling all the time! haha! I miss you and I have been praying for you! I miss you muchisimo! Adios!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Pictures! Yeah! I'm sooo happy! When do you think you will be on skype? I really do sign on and check for you!