Thursday, February 1, 2007

Hey there,

This morning I was fortunate enough to travel back to Old Quito. It is so beautiful; the buildings have so much character. I was there checking out a volunteer opportunity. It is a program to keep children off the streets. The kids come there at various times during the day when they are not working or going to school. I am really excited about it! I think I will be able to go on Thursdays and than the school by my University on Tuesdays. Everything is working out and I’m so excited to get going with it on a regular basis. Today I am meeting up with some people to go look for camping equipment for our hiking expedition this weekend. I have to get a sleeping bag and we have to rent a tent. I’m really looking forward to it, I hope the altitude doesn’t kill me! Tonight we are going to a restaurant called the Pobre Diablo. There is supposed to be live music and dancing so that should be lots of fun! I just finished up watching ¨Happy Feet¨ the kids movie. It was so cute! I am such a little kidJ Alright, off to do some homework, talk to you soon!

Much love
Jessie

3 comments:

Goldfish said...

What's this? No pictures of old Quito?! I am so disappointed in you, CP! :D So glad you'll be able to volunteer on Thursdays. That hiking expedition sounds like a blast!! I doubt that the altitude could kill you; not even, slow you down!! :D I'm off to do some homework, too -- about 300 words of homework for tomorrow. Yuck! :(

Goldfish said...

Oh! I forgot to tell you that I have flickr on my blog now, too.

Anonymous said...

Greetings Jessica,
You haven't mentioned much about the weather there. Is it mostly warm and sunny, or a lot of rain?
Is the everday Spanish you are learning similar to the Spanish they taught you in school?
We are rooting for the Bears with you.
Love from Granpa Pauley