Friday, March 2, 2007

Salsa!

Well my test is done with and its Friday! What could be better! This week was a great one:) I was able to teach English to the fourth graders by myself yesterday because the teacher had an appointment. That was kind of scary, but I loved it at the same time. It’s fun because they correct me in my Spanish and I correct them in their English. Its win win! I also had my first salsa lesson this week on Wednesday! I am so excited about it! I´m having my third lesson today. Last night I learned step 5! Get excited!!! And then it was my friend’s birthday so I got to practice that same night in a live situation. Its pretty embarrassing but still so much fun! I go with my friend Adam because he really wants to learn too. We have individual lessons and then get the last 15 minutes to try the stuff together. I´m going to try and get Heather to take lessons while she is down here, its just such a good time!
Last night my friend Lindsay’s family came into town, her mom aunt and brother. I was really excited to meet them. I am also secretly jealous that her family is here, I can´t wait for everyone to visit me! They all want to go out dancing tonight so that should be a good timeJ:) I leave for a town called Otavalo tomorrow, I can´t wait because there is supposed to be great markets to shop in! I´ll tell you all about it when I get back. I also leave for the beach on Monday night! I feel so fortunate to be able to do that. We have a vacation day on Wednesday and I never have class Tuesday or Thursday because I volunteer so we are going to stay until Friday night! My back is two different colors right now because of my bad pealing so hopefully I´ll even out a little and not look so ridiculous! Well I´m off to dance lessons so I must go but I miss you all and hope to hear from you soon!!!

3 comments:

Goldfish said...

I wish I could learn to salsa, but that would be a scary sight!!! :D Hope your back gets better!

Anonymous said...

SALSA SALSA BABY!
I miss you muchisimo!
You are going to have sooo much fun at the beach!
I wish I was taking Salsa lessons with you! I would be all over that! I miss you like cRaZy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica,
We had the best time while your mom was here at the ranch and beach. We walked on the beach every morning while at the condo. Went to Matamoras, Mexico for dinner one day. to much to eat, including bananas foster. SOOOOOOOO good.
Your mom should be home by now. They flew out about 1:20 PM today.
Have fun with your dancing.
Love Granpa Pauley "Psalm 91"