Thursday, March 29, 2007

If this doesn´t work I´m moving on:)

Hello Hello! Happy Monday! I just got back from a weekend excursion to Otavalo. Like all our adventures, it was an adventure! We drove there in a school bus, not the ones like in the US, it looks different, more like a van painted yellow. They call them Escolar. So basically I felt like I was in middle school again:) And it was a tight squeeze, I swear those seats were made for smaller rear ends then mine:) We arrived and right off the bat went on a small hike through a forest to a waterfall, beautiful, no jumping off this time though! We climbed to the top where there was this small tunnel cave type thing. It was a great time, and then we hiked up even higher and enjoyed the scenery. Saturday we spent much of our time at the famous Otavalo Market. It was crazy! People everywhere and so many things I wanted to buy! I tried to control myself:) I did however buy a poncho so now I can really look Ecuadorian! Our guide this weekend was a teacher from my University here in Ecuador. He is a total blast, always kidding around. We went to a restaurant for lunch and then headed to his house for the night. We spent the night talking and playing cards. We played Mafia about a zillion times! To all of you who know the name, it gets pretty intense! But lots of fun. We also played a game of volleyball outside but there were all these wires hanging so it made it semi difficult, only for those taller than the rest:) This country was not made for people of my height!! The game was absolutely hilarious, I was definitely not the MVP however:) The next morning we set out around the village to different families homes. They all hand make these wonderful leather, wood and silver crafts. I got some earrings made of Coconut. We then set out to a beautiful lake where we were able to take a boat tour around. They also had a market there so I bought a hat, one of the ones with the funny ear flaps! Now I really fit in!! We had to head home to quito after that but I was pretty tired. I got home and studied for my test that I have today and went to sleep before 10! So I am feeling very refreshed! This is good because I have another 6 hour bus ride tonight that starts at 11pm. We are leaving for the beach tonight and I couldn´t be anymore excited!! I come back Friday night. This time we are going to Canoa, I have heard amazing things about it so I really can´t wait! When I get back there are only 6 days till Heather comes!! Man this month is flying by! I´ve got to catch the bus to school but I hope you enjoy your week and can´t wait to hear from you!!

4 comments:

Goldfish said...

HOORAY!!!! JESSIE IS ALIVE!!! ;D So glad it's working! [yeah] Those games of Mafia sound like soooo much fun! I saw the picture of your sunburn-- I think it just [i] might [/i] be worse than the sunburn I got at your house! ;) Matt said on his blog that he felt a little tall, too. :)
~
A CP

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you Blogging again. I kept looking for new news and it finally arrived.I have been able to keep up with you through Matts Blog. Sounded like you had a great time. They sure keep you busy, but that's good, you get to do and see a lot of differen't things.

Love Granpa, "Psalm 91"

Anonymous said...

Hey you!
Hope you got your paper done!
K

Goldfish said...

Happy Birthday, CP!!!!