Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Keeping busy

So Mom and Warren are gone now, but I´m trying to keep busy and think how soon I will get to see them again. School has been pretty chill this week so that is nice. I´m hanging out at my house right now getting ready to volunteer at the elementary school. There is a new English teacher I am working with now, his name is Mike. He actually lived in New York for most of his life but his parents are Ecuadorian. He is really nice and the kids seem to be adjusting to the change just fine! In other news, I am very excited because I was able to sign up for my TEFL course this summer. It is an online course which certifies me to teach English abraod! I am planning to go somewhere in South America so my Spanish can be of use! If all things go according to plan I will be heading back to South America next summer! I am so excited to have this available to me and I feel very fortunate to have this opportunity! So this summer I will be working hard on this course and also be volunteering in a bilingual class in order to complete my hours. But right now I am concentrating on enjoying every last day of this experience, it has been amazing! Well I´m off to volunteer, hope all is well with everyone!! Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

Goldfish said...

Hey Jess. I forgot to tell you my e-mail that Grandpa told me to tell you Happy Birthday. I'm not sure if I had told you that or not. Better safe than sorry, right?

Oh, I want, no, I NEED to see you this summer, CP!!! If you go to South America next summer, then I NEED to see you this summer!!! Well, now that my threat is done, I will now go and ignore my homework for finals! :D

jessicaehorn said...

I like all the question marks! I'm glad you are having a good time!